ITC Foundation raises funds to help develop rural communities in Ghana with issues like borehole drilling among others. The Foundation recorded a decrease in the number of donations from their foreign sponsors due to rumours about misappropriation of funds. To restore trust, the foundation decided to use Chango as the platform for the mobilization of funds after listening to an interview on Joy FM and Citi FM about the product.
How Chango Helps Achieve This
- Creation of Public Groups – The ITC Foundation committee can create a public group for the collation for funds
- Creation of Campaign – they can create a campaign and then share the link with their members and also on all their social media platforms
- Their members and the general public can make donations to the campaign by downloading the Chango App and selecting the name of the group under Public Groups
- Members can begin to contribute to the campaign.
- Members can see the targeted amount and how much has been contributed so far.
- A management portal is assigned to the public group to manage the fundraising activities
- Chango frees RGC from the burden of strenuous accounting of the funds
- Chango gives confidence to all contributors that the funds raised will be used for their intended purpose
- Statements on all contributions can be shared with the general public
- Funds are settled to a bank account determined by the RGC