The choir of XYC International church likes to plan for their programmes and not depend on the church for every single financial need. As such they contribute money periodically towards their welfare and other projects as a group. Members are encouraged to contribute GHS 20 a month.
How will they use Chango to solve this?
- The executives of the group create a private group on Chango
- They create an invitation link and send it to all in their WhatsApp group. The link can be shared by email or any other means of communication
- Members join the Chango group by clicking on the link if they already have the app installed. Otherwise, they will be required to download the app first, and then click on the link to join.
- Members can begin to contribute for the campaign
What’s the actual benefit?
- Chango frees the “treasurer” from the burden of accounting for the money.
- Chango gives confidence to all members of the group that the funds raised will be used for their intended purpose.
- Chango puts cash out control into the hands of the members or administrators as determined by the group policy during the creation of the group. Cashing out of the money is democratic.
- Chango contributions can be seen by all members in real time.
- Chango statements exist and any group member can request for a statement which will be sent to them via email.